Sunday, February 27, 2011

His Veins Run Blue

Project Quilting

My piece, "His Veins Run Blue", is inspired by my husband. and of course our theme the hardware store.

It is a mini art quilt - 6.5" x 7.5"

When I visited the store for inspiration, I thought about how the only times I go to Lowe's or Home Depot is when my husband needs something. More than half the week he is a white collar electrical engineer, but if he had it his way everyday his hands would be dirty from a blue collar job.

The items I was inspired by were the blades (the silver points on the quilt), the denim (the Wrangler emblem),

and red bandannas.

I did the white frame to symbolize the white collar that boxes in my husband while

the blue collar elements are trying to sneak out.

I embellished with lots of topstitching - similar to what you would see on shirts and jeans - including using my serger.

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...