Thursday, September 22, 2011

WIPS for This Week

Can you believe Halloween is just weeks away? I'm so excited! It is one of my favorite holidays - some may argue it is my very favorite! I love to decorate, make costumes, and eat lots of pumpkin goodies. A Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte can fix many wrongs!

I have 2 Halloween mug rug classes going on in October. Here is a sneak peek at the one I'll be doing over at Thimbles & Threads in Draper, UT. The class is only $15 and I'll teach you everything you need to know about paper piece foundation quilting. I'm going to have to make a couple more of these myself - Isabelle is wildy fascinated by this "witchy house".
What else is on my plate? Well one of my favorite Twitter pals, revealed her project for Feeling Stitchy's September motif and I just about died from the cuteness. I of course HAD to get in on the action. Now, I'm not against hand embroidery.. I actually quite like it, but I'm just not *feeling* it these days. As many of you know, I'm *all* about the free motion sketching. So here is my take on it...
It's just a work in progress. I'm hoping the girls will let me finish before the end of September. I made the major outlines in chocolate brown and am going back and "coloring in". I love the sketch look to it - do you?

What projects are you making for fall or Halloween?

1 comment:

Thimbles and Threads Quilt Shop said...

Love it, love it love it. I am so excited to start this one at the shop!

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...