Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How To Soothe The Soul

This past week we had a sudden death in our family on my husband's side. It was a shock that I think we are still reeling from. I am quite the emotional sponge - I stopped reading and listening to the news back when I was pregnant with our second daughter. It's very hard for me to disengage my emotions and carry on. However, when my husband rushed to his hometown with our eldest daughter, the house was TOO quiet at night. I decided that "working" may be the best for me.. so I completed my quilt for Project Quilting. Our theme was a tool prompt, and we had to incorporate 4 pieces of inspiration.

I present "And Sew It Begins.." I depicted the sewing machine and scissors in a literal format. I crocheted on the bottom of the machine (my third tool) and lots of free motion stitching (my fourth tool). It's a cheery little piece. I'm debating if I want to display it my studio as a reminder that art is a great way to work through my emotions.


In my opinion the best & worst thing about life, is that it goes on. The sun comes up, the children need to be fed, and our lives continue.. The loss of Darlene is deeply felt in our home and we wish peace to all who knew and loved her..

3 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. xo Your art piece is so pretty, and I think working with our hands has a way of helping us work through our emotions as well.

MACY said...

my condolence to your family..yes life goes on..=)

Sam said...

Jen your page is so amazing! I hope everyone is doing ok.. send my condolences to Thomas :)
---Sam

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...