Monday, June 4, 2012

Bigfork Bay Cotton Company


One of my favorite things to do at Quilt Market is to attend the early morning classes. This year my mother & I really loved both of our classes and came away so inspired. My last class at Market was taught by the truly fabulous Bigfork Bay Cotton Company. They specialize in fusible applique quilts and art; they have a fabulous new pattern coming out soon designed by Pat Sloan (it's not up in their shop yet, but be watching for it!)

Our purse block is from Hippie Bird ; I *love* how they added the block to the purse with buttons - you could change the purse theme so easily! In the class the sample was free motion quilted at the end. You know I love free motion, I do, but lately I've been really loving adding quilting by hand. I embellished this bird like crazy with Aurifil wool thread. Wow, I love that thread - it is like butter! And BBCC sells the thread to complement their patterns and fabric kits - it's that cool?

I'm working with BBCC right now on creating a truly amazing quilting retreat at Sundance in Utah. The details are still being ironed out, but I will let you know as soon as it is set! I'm soo excited!!

Even if you have been quilting for awhile, I recommend taking classes from different artists. I always learn something new and it renews my desire to create. After taking BBCC's class I learned about applique sheets  - I had never worked with one before! I also fell in love with using sealing irons for my fusible work. These two tools have now taken up residence in my studio.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Classes are always so much fun. Glad you enjoyed yours.

kmore said...

Hey, I live in the beautiful Flathead Valley, and Bigfork is one of my favorite "stomping grounds." I run up to Bigfork Bay Cotton Company on occasion to get great material that I don't find anywhere else! In fact, I have one of their wall hanging kits that I really MUST finish for a gift! Small world, Jennifer!

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...