Saturday, July 21, 2012

What's Going On??

I don't know if you have noticed here or on any of the other gazillion places I post, there hasn't been much sewing or quilting.. just lots of embroidery..

Why?

I thought I knew the reason and then I talked it out with a quilting guild friend..not even knowing that was what I was doing.

For the past year I've been pushing, pressing, knocking on doors, and chasing after a dream. Today I still don't even know if that dream will come to be. And in the last couple of months that waiting and breath holding has zapped the joy out of it for me.

I haven't want to design.. I haven't wanted to look at it. So I moved into something that didn't hold expectations. I started working on embroidery.. And yes some of it I designed myself, but for the most part I worked on other artists' designs. I did it without guilt. I wasn't an embroidery artist so it was okay to not stress about making my own design.

Then it occurred to me that it was OK to quilt and sew patterns that aren't mine too.
Duh....

I'm not sure when I'll get back to designing quilting and sewing patterns, but I'm back to quilting and sewing. I'm working on a Tetris quilt, a hexagon quilt, and more.

The silly stress that we put ourselves through.. Oy.

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...