Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Babe Frittata

I love bacon. Doesn't everyone love bacon? Actually before I was pregnant with our son, I didn't eat pork. I don't think I touched it for over a decade. Pigs are super intelligent creatures and I didn't want to eat them. But you know, pregnancy cravings are a strong force to deal with and this baby boy wanted bacon. And so I caved..

My frittata recipe today is an homage to the delicious barn yard animal. There maybe a day I return back to my no pork ways, but for now.. yeah, I love bacon.

all things belle - babe frittata
Babe Frittata
5 pieces of bacon, chopped
1 sweet potato - peeled and mandolin sliced with the 3mm blade
2 zucchini - sliced thinly (I peeled, but you could leave it on)
1 white onion, diced
6 large eggs
1/4 cup almond milk
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375
1.) Cook bacon in a large stock pot over medium heat until crispy - about 5-6 minutes. Pull bacon out and set aside.

2.) In the same stockpot, saute the sweet potato slices in the bacon grease. Cook for 7-9 minutes, or until the potato slices are a golden brown and soft to the touch. Pull potato slices out and set aside.

3.) In the same stockpot, cook zucchini and onion in the remaining bacon fat. If your veggies are sticking to the bottom of the pot, add about 1/8 cup of water to loosen the yummy bits. Cook for 6 minutes or until veggies have softened.

4.) Toss the bacon, potato and veggies into a 9" pie pan.

5.) Whip up the 6 eggs with the milk and pour into the pie pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to preferred taste.

6.) Place frittata in oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until eggs are set.

Enjoy! This is a delicious fall frittata. When I created this for dinner, I served it with a fresh butternut bisque. It was enjoyed by everyone - including the baby!

No comments:

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...